7th Annual Fall Hiking Challenge
Get out and explore Wooster Memorial Park this fall with our 7th annual Fall Hiking Challenge,
a great way to try out new trails while contributing to the preservation of this great park.
About The Hiking Challenge
Between September 1st and November 30th hike 10 miles in Wooster Memorial Park and earn a commemorative hiking pin. Or hike 30 or more miles and along with the hiking pin, earn a "super hiker" park magnet.
Hiking challenge is open to all members (new and renewing) of Friends of Wooster Memorial Park and their children. Become a member or renew your membership during the hiking challenge and your membership will be valid through December 2024! Membership to Friends of Wooster Memorial Park helps to keep the park and trails clear and safe and informs you about special members-only events.
1. Become a new member or renew your membership.
Visit us online at www.friendsofwmp.com or complete a membership form from the Silver Rd. kiosk.
2. Download participation form and map or pick up a copy at the Silver Rd. kiosk (while supplies last).
3. Hike at least 10 miles of trails in the park between September 1 and November 30 to receive your
pin; 30 or more miles to receive your "super hiker" magnet.
4. Keep track of your progress on your participation form - you can use the guide on the park map or a phone app of your choice to calculate miles.
5. Once you've completed your goal, bring your completed form to any of the great upcoming events at
the dates and times listed below.
Hike at least 10 miles to receive your pin or 30+ miles to receive your pin and "super hiker" magnet. Children of members who complete the hiking challenge with their member adults will also be eligible for the prizes.
FOR NEW MEMBERS: Become a first-time member and complete the hiking challenge and you can receive a hiking staff in addition to the other prizes.
Receive your prizes at one of our great upcoming events:
Sept 17th | Oct 8th, 15th, 27th | Nov 12th, 19th | Dec 17th
Events will begin at the Education Area.
Forms cannot be redeemed after December Event- Forms must be redeemed in person.