4th Annual Fall Hiking Challenge
Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of The Friends of Wooster Memorial Park
Get out and explore Wooster Memorial Park this fall with our annual Fall Hiking Challenge,
a great way to try out new trails while contributing to the preservation of this great park,
and supporting us in our 20th year.
About The Hiking Challenge
Between September 1st and November 30th hike 10 miles in Wooster Memorial Park and earn a commemorative hiking pin. In addition, in honor of our 20th anniversary, hike 20 miles or more and along with the hiking pin, earn a special anniversary park magnet.
Hiking challenge is open to all members of Friends of Wooster Memorial Park and their children. Become a member or renew your membership during the hiking challenge and your membership will be valid through December 2021! Membership to Friends of Wooster Memorial Park helps to keep the park and trails clear and safe and informs you about special members-only events.
1. Become a member or renew online at www.friendsofwmp.com or complete a membership
form from the Silver Rd. kiosk.
2. Download participation form and map, or pick up a copy at the Silver Rd. entrance (while
3. Hike at least 10 miles of trails in the park between September 1 and November 30 to receive
your pin; 20 or more miles to receive your commemorative magnet.
4. Keep track of your progress on your participation form - use guide on map to calculate miles.
5. Once you’ve completed your goal, 10 or 20 miles, bring your completed form to the Silver Rd.
pavilion on any of the dates and times below.
Hike at least 10 miles to receive your pin; 20 miles to receive your pin and commemorative magnet. Children of members who complete the hiking challenge will be eligible for prizes.
FOR NEW MEMBERS: Become a first time member and complete the hiking challenge and you can receive a hiking staff in addition to the other prizes.
Receive your prizes at the Silver Rd. Pavilion
from 11:00am to noon on:
October 3rd, October 17th, November 14th, or December 5th
Forms cannot be redeemed after December 5th, 2020 - Forms must be redeemed in person.