Election for 2021/2022 FWMP Board of Directors
TIME TO ELECT THE 2021-22 BOARD
The FWMP Board has recommended that we hold the annual election of board members online, and for those who do not have internet access we will send ballots through the mail. All votes must be cast by 11:59 p.m. on April 13th, 2021. We will announce the results at the virtual Annual Meeting on April 14th, 2021, at 7 p.m.
Thank you for your understanding and participation.
The following slate of nominees is proposed (see below). If you wish to write in the name of an alternative candidate, there is a place on the ballot for you to do so. Terms continue for Vice-President Jay Mosley and Director-at-Large Niklas Manz (2023).
Instructions for Online Voting:
Review the Proposed Slate of Nominees.
On the Ballot form, please fill in:
Your first and last name and email (required).
Select the most appropriate answer for each of the two questions (required).
If you prefer a different candidate for any of the positions, please write in that person’s name and their role in the space provided (optional).
When you have completed filling the ballot, hit “Submit” to cast your vote (required).
Thank you to the 2021 Nominating Committee, Rick Lehtinen (chair), Shelley Schrier, and Niklas Manz.
(Note: To request a paper ballot instead, please contact the FWMP Board HERE.)
President, Shelley Schrier
– Shelley is a retired school psychologist from Wooster City Schools and Buckeye Local Schools, and an avid WMP hiker. He will be completing the last two years of this position vacated by Cathy Herms.
Secretary, Edith Swank
– Edith has kindly served as Secretary since the FWMP Board was created in 2002 and is continually inspired by the wonders of the park. She is a retired middle school teacher of language arts in Holmes County.
Treasurer, John Parker
– John has kindly served as treasurer since 2006. He is a retired Transportation HR/ Safety Director, a board member for the Wooster Exchange Club, and hikes the park every week.
Director-at-Large (2022), Rick Lehtinen
– Rick has been a FWMP member since moving to Ohio in 2003. He is a Biology Professor at College of Wooster, and specializes in the ecology, evolution and conservation of amphibians. He leads the “Salamander Squad” citizen science group, which is now in its 8th year of monitoring salamander populations in WMP. Rick will be completing the last year vacated by Shelley Schrier.
Director-at-Large (2024), Cathy Herms
– Since her first hike in 1997, Cathy has recognized the amazing natural resources in WMP. She does research on weeds and invasive plants and grant writing at OARDC and uses those skills to benefit the park.
Be sure to join us for our Annual Meeting held virtually on Zoom
April 14, 2021 at 7 p.m. with speaker Danae Wolfe presenting
Ew to Awe: Fostering Appreciation of Backyard Bugs
Register for the Annual Meeting HERE